5.02.2014

April Showers

Let's just say I'm not sad to see April go. Maybe thats not fair to say. Some really great things occurred in April! But overall, this April was one of the hardest months of my entire life. I couldn't be more excited to welcome May! You know what they say, April showers bring May flowers, and I am hopeful that will hold true in my life as well.


This May is going to be a crazy one. Full of a lot of big changes for the Dupaix family. Although we still aren't exactly sure what they'll be. Zack graduates in a couple weeks (YAY!!!!!) and then we'll be moving out of our perfect amazing apartment that we love more than life itself. That won't be so fun. But C.S. Lewis always knows just what to say to me, "There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind." Thanks C.S.! Thats exactly what I needed to hear.


I know that the adventures ahead will be nothing short of perfection for my little family. I know that God is aware of us, and he has a plan for us! When I look around and see all the beauty and love in my life, it's impossible not to see God's hand. I'm sure that one day I'll be thankful for April 2014 and the trials we experienced. I know that they will serve a purpose in each of our own personal refining processes.

This year the theme for the youth of our church has been "Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him." (Moroni 10: 32) While working with the young women this year, the scripture has been on my mind constantly. I've been searching for ways to help them incorporate this principle into their lives. How do I help them to come unto Christ? As I've been writing this post (which feels more like a journal entry, sorry) I have gained a new understanding of this scripture.


As we face trials, heartbreak, rejection, sorrow, disappointments, we can come unto Christ and allow him to lift us and carry us through our valleys. He will use these experiences to strengthen us, refine us, and ultimately perfect us. Our weaknesses can become strengths, through Him! Sometimes I've gone through difficult things and neglected to lean on Christ, and those experiences always felt pointless. I didn't grow from my heartbreak or become better for having come through it, but I was bitter for having to deal with it. Comparitavely, when I choose to depend on Christ through hard times, I see purpose in my experience.


I am excited for whatever the future holds, and I'm even more excited to find out what it is! I've always said, I'm so glad God has a plan for our life, because we sure don't! Now that we've got less than a month to go, I'm ready to be let in on that plan. Haha. If you're the praying type, keep us in your prayers! If you're not the praying type, start praying! Haha just kidding! (but really.)


We are thankful for the friends and family who have been so loving and supportive of us on this amazing adventure! We have loved every second of living in NYC and we will be sort of heartbroken if the next part of our journey takes us somewhere else.


In order to leave this post on a more positive note, here's another of my favorite quotes, "The future is as bright as your faith." (President Thomas S. Monson)

XOXO
SD

No comments :

Post a Comment