12.03.2013

How we SORT OF went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

You guys, I am seriously KICKING myself right now for not going to the Parade on Thanksgiving!! I knew I'd regret it, but I got nervous because I experienced NYC icy winter for the first time a few days before and I didn't think I could take my baby out in it! It was probably the right mom move to not expose him to the elements, but I'm so so sad we didn't go!


But, as a consolation, we decided to go the night before and see all the balloons being inflated! This was so cool, and in some ways better than the parade! It was crowded, but not cattle car crowded! Plus, you walk across a few blocks and you're constantly moving so your body maintains a little heat! My favorite part of this experience was that we were SO up close and personal with the balloons! we were like within 15 feet of all the balloons!


I know its sort of a cop-out, but I'm counting this towards our bucket list for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I wish we had gone to the actual parade, and if we end up staying here for a while, we will definitely go! Thanks to a few blogs I follow of other moms in the city, now I know the trick is to go to the mall at Columbus Circle and watch from the inside! Hello!?!? Why didn't I think of that?!

Anyways, Zack is applying for a bunch of PhD programs over the next few weeks and we're getting closer and closer to knowing where we'll be headed in May! I'm not sure if I'm praying to stay or leave NYC! Besides a few rude cab drivers and mistakes with public transportation, I've really loved this experience! Half of me is loving every second and never wants to leave, and the other half of me is begging to move closer to home! Unfortunately, none of the 8 schools Zack is applying to are within a days drive of home! :( Whatever is next for us, I know it'll be grand!

XOXO SD

No comments :

Post a Comment