2.10.2015

Blogging and Stuff.


Blogging has been on my mind a lot lately. Like a lot. But every time I sit down at my computer to write, I get distracted by Jimmy Fallon videos or articles about Bruce Jenner's transition to a woman. I know, really classy Sally. But, it seems my brain wants to do anything but write. I don't always feel like I have something important, or meaningful to say. At least nothing I haven't said before. And with the bitter cold, snowy winter we haven't made it outside for adventures much lately. Our daily adventures are limited to tower building, goal scoring, potty training, and Gunner begging to help me cook breakfast/lunch/dinner.

While those experiences are thrilling to myself and my (almost) two year old counterpart, it's hard for me to imagine anyone cares to read about that. Every once in a while I have some sort of inspiration or experience worth writing about, but I usually just post about it on Instagram and call it a day.

I'm not exactly sure why my heart compels me to write or to blog. I don't know what I have to offer my readers. The only thing that feels important enough to write about is my experience as a mother.
Motherhood has been the most transformative experience of my life. I literally feel like I change and grow every single day as a Mom.

So, until the sun comes out and Gunner and I can get back to exploring and adventuring, I'm going to blog about whatever is on my heart. Most days that will probably be my triumphs and pitfalls in motherhood mingled with my take on bizarre pop culture stories. Everyone always says that life with little ones goes by too fast so I'm going to try to capture these sweet days and memories.

For those of you who read most of my posts, what do you want to read about? I really want this to be an interactive space where I can learn and grow from you guys! So your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

XO
SD

No comments :

Post a Comment